Thursday, March 29, 2007

Positive Attitude – Keep In The Sunlight

"Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."

- Benjamin Franklin

"Don't borrow trouble!" My sister, Crystal, used to tell me this all the time. I'd call her, crying and what if-ing over something that hadn't even happened yet.

"Don't borrow trouble, Hope," she'd say.

'Yeah, right,' I'd think to myself.

Ask anyone, and they'll tell you that I'm the worlds worst at worrying over things that almost always never happen. And where does that get me? The same place it always gets you, if you're just like me. Nowhere.

See, the real problem with worrying about things that may, or may not happen, is that you waste a lot of time. All the time spent fretting over the future could be well-spent applied elsewhere.

Keep in the sunlight. That's how Benjamin Franklin aptly put it. And I agree with him.

When you stand in the sunlight, troubles seem much smaller. It's hard to worry and be troubled over what might never happen when you have a positive attitude.

Every single day we will likely be met with some kind of trial. These tests are sent our way to prove our strength, agility and character. Without them, we can never evolve or grow into better persons. Instead, we'd stay stuck in the same, boring mind set and live monotonous lives (full of endless worry!).

What does "keep in the sunlight" mean? Simply put, stay positive. No matter what happens, no matter how bad things seem, don't worry about things that are out of your control or haven't even happened yet. Stay positive.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?